BACHELOR OF PHYSIOTHERAPY (B.P.T)
Students have excellent exposure to all kinds of patients in the departments of
* Locomotor handicapped training at department of physical medicine and orthopedics
* Cardiothoracic rehabilitation
* Neurological rehabilitation
* Burns, Plastic surgery & hand rehabilitation
* Leprosy rehabilitation
* Sports Fitness
* OBG and Community rehabilitation.
The Clinical Skill acquisition, which is embedded in Physiotherapy gets fulfilled by the above tie up arrangement with all leading Government and Private Hospitals.
The main objective is to support the educational and research programmes of the institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational & research functions of the institute.
The Library has well maintained Reference section, Journal section, & Reading hall. The Library has unique collection of Encyclopedias, Hand-books, Textbooks, Journals, Video-cassettes and C.D’s etc.
The Library is fully computerized, automated, well furnished with spacious reading hall and it consists of modules of Acquisitions, Cataloguing, Circulation, Serial control, Article indexing, & OPAC.
TThe Library is part of the inter-library loan system to share resources with other libraries and is a member of the British Council Library, The T.N Dr. MGR Medical University etc.
* Access System for all students and staffs.
* * Internet based online public access.
* Catalogue (OPAC) facility.
* Internet Accessing and photocopier facility.
* Online e-journal access facility. * Institutional Membership of British council Library, The T.N Dr.MGR medical university * Book Bank facility for SC/ST students. * Reprographic facility. * Total volumes: 2752, International Journals: 05, National Journals: 08, Magazines: 05
* For qualified physiotherapist, opportunities exist within and outside the country.
* The opening are not limited to private practice, but extends to employment in Polyclinics, Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, Disability homes, Old age homes and Fitness & Health Clinics.
* IT industry gives it's opening as Fitness specialist, after short term training preferable to physiotherapists. Physiotherapy jobs in foreign countries still remain open, for us to knock them. Physiotherapists can enter into application specialization for Therapeutic and diagnostic Equipments, industries as Ergonomic Counselors, research and development with Bio Medical Engineers.
* A placement cell functions within the college, which assists the students in securing a comfortable job of their choice.
* With an intention to provide a residential environment to the professional students, the college has men’s hostel and Ladies hostel separately.
* Hygienic and delicious food at affordable cost is provided separately for vegetarian and Non-vegetarian students. * Transport facility is available connecting to all parts of the city.
Extra curricular activities
To bring out the students talents and leadership qualities, the students are encouraged to attend
* Conferences, workshops, seminar at State and National level.
* Cultural programmes & sports
* Community affairs and exhibitions
* Annual picnics and educational Tours
* Activities through Youth Red Cross (YRC) Society
* Socially relevant activities: AIDS awareness, legal literacy, community development etc.,